IDP Installation problems

TechieNick
Hi all, I am a newby to Shibboleth and I am struggling installing the IDP. I have managed to get it install fully but when I run the test page up nothing runs. I can see why this is happening as for some reason the IDP isnt registered as website within the TomCat host manager. I have tried to add it but get a few errors when I do this. If I choose to deploy the WAR file from within the tomcat directory the site will not start and I get similar errors if I try and deploy using directories. Any help with this would be appreciated. Just so you know I am running TomCat 6 on Windows Server 2008x64.