How to test authn module in Java Development Environment

How to test authn module in Java Development Environment

森谷鴻平
Greetings,

How to test my authn module in java-idp-testbed?

1. How to load module jar? I try that add runtime dependency to java-idp-testbed/pom.xml, this is right?

2. How to load my listener before context initialize? I try that add context and listener element to  java-idp-testbed/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml or java-identity-provider/idp-war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml, but this is not working and returns "503  Service Unavailable".  My module is included in java-idp-testbed/target/idp-testbed-0.7.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib.

3. Is there a way to test my authn modules with changes to java-idp-testbed and idp-jetty-base only?

    Kohei Moriya

    Software Engineer
    Application Consulting Group
    Engineering Dept. 2
    SIOS Technology, Inc.

RE: How to test authn module in Java Development Environment

Cantor, Scott E.
> 1. How to load module jar? I try that add runtime dependency to java-idp-
> testbed/pom.xml, this is right?

I drop code in the WEB-INF/lib folder in the idp-war module by hand when I have to do that, but generally I don't test my code that way, I just drop it into a real IdP.

> 2. How to load my listener before context initialize?

I don't know what you're asking about. Whatever you're doing sounds odd and unnecessary.

> 3. Is there a way to test my authn modules with changes to java-idp-testbed
> and idp-jetty-base only?

Doubt it. Just run an IdP.

Re: How to test authn module in Java Development Environment

Tom Zeller-3
> 1. How to load module jar? I try that add runtime dependency to
> java-idp-testbed/pom.xml, this is right?

Sounds right.

> 2. How to load my listener before context initialize? I try that add context
> and listener element to  java-idp-testbed/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml or
> java-identity-provider/idp-war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml, but this is
> not working and returns "503  Service Unavailable".  My module is included
> in java-idp-testbed/target/idp-testbed-0.7.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib.

Not sure.

> 3. Is there a way to test my authn modules with changes to java-idp-testbed
> and idp-jetty-base only?

Probably idp-conf will need to be configured as it is idp.home when
running in Eclipse.

Tom

Re: How to test authn module in Java Development Environment

森谷鴻平
Doubt it. Just run an IdP.

Probably idp-conf will need to be configured as it is idp.home when
running in Eclipse.

As far as I remember, in the older version testbed, I was able to set my authentication module on java-idp-testbed side and
I was able to test without changing the java-idp-provider side.
Is this function omitted?

    Kohei Moriya

    Software Engineer
    Application Consulting Group
    Engineering Dept. 2
    SIOS Technology, Inc.

Re: How to test authn module in Java Development Environment

Tom Zeller-3
> As far as I remember, in the older version testbed, I was able to set my
> authentication module on java-idp-testbed side and
> I was able to test without changing the java-idp-provider side.
> Is this function omitted?

Not that I am aware of.