Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration

Srinivasan Hollakkal
Hi,

We are planning to configure Windchill SSO using Shibboleth, while reading PTC article their they mentioned to "restart the shibboleth 2 Daemon service in the server manager".
Also in the shibboleth help they mentioned to restart the Shibboleth daemon:/etc/init.d/shibd restart.

I could not able to find anything in /etc/shibboleth folder.

Could you please help how to restart shibboleth services and where the scripts are stored.

Thank you,
Srinivasan Venkatasesha Hollakkal
Infineon
Tata Consultancy Services
Pioneer SEZ
Bangalore - 560066,Karnataka
India
Cell:- 9008146146
Mailto: [hidden email]
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Consulting

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration

Peter Schober
* Srinivasan Hollakkal <[hidden email]> [2018-06-12 11:10]:
> We are planning to configure Windchill SSO using Shibboleth, while
> reading PTC article their

No idea what "Windchill SSO" is, or what "PTC article" you're
referring to.

> they mentioned to "restart the shibboleth 2 Daemon service in the
> server manager".

That means on MS-Windows you would restart the Shibboleth service via
the methods offered by MS-Windows to restart services.

> Also in the shibboleth help they mentioned to restart the Shibboleth
> daemon: /etc/init.d/shibd restart

That means on Unix-like operating systems (such as GNU/Linux) you
would use something like the command above to restart the Shibboleth
services.

Again, generally you would use the "service manager" appropriate for
the platform/OS you're using to restart services.

> I could not able to find anything in /etc/shibboleth folder.

What OS are you on?
Did you install the Shibboleth SP software (or something else)?
How exactly did you do that, following what documentation?

Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration

Srinivasan Hollakkal
Hi Peter,

Thanks for quick reply.

We are using LINUX OS.
Please let me know how to start/stop shibboleth services in LINUX environment.

From:        Peter Schober <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        12-06-2018 14:51
Subject:        Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration
Sent by:        "users" <[hidden email]>

* Srinivasan Hollakkal <[hidden email]> [2018-06-12 11:10]:
> We are planning to configure Windchill SSO using Shibboleth, while
> reading PTC article their

No idea what "Windchill SSO" is, or what "PTC article" you're
referring to.

> they mentioned to "restart the shibboleth 2 Daemon service in the
> server manager".

That means on MS-Windows you would restart the Shibboleth service via
the methods offered by MS-Windows to restart services.

> Also in the shibboleth help they mentioned to restart the Shibboleth
> daemon: /etc/init.d/shibd restart

That means on Unix-like operating systems (such as GNU/Linux) you
would use something like the command above to restart the Shibboleth
services.

Again, generally you would use the "service manager" appropriate for
the platform/OS you're using to restart services.

> I could not able to find anything in /etc/shibboleth folder.

What OS are you on?
Did you install the Shibboleth SP software (or something else)?
How exactly did you do that, following what documentation?

For Consortium Member technical support, see
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/coFAAg

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration

Peter Schober
We'll be going in circles until you start answering all questions
someone bothered to ask.

* Srinivasan Hollakkal <[hidden email]> [2018-06-12 11:31]:
> We are using LINUX OS.

What distribution, what version.

Have you installed the Shibboleth SP software and how.

> Please let me know how to start/stop shibboleth services in LINUX
> environment.

Like you restart other services in that same OS.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration

O'Quinn, Dennis
systemctl stop shibd
systemctl start shibd
systemctl restart shibd

Or old style:
service shibd stop/start/restart
Sent from my iPhone

From:        Peter Schober <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        12-06-2018 14:51
Sent by:        "users" <[hidden email]>

* Srinivasan Hollakkal <[hidden email]> [2018-06-12 11:10]:
> We are planning to configure Windchill SSO using Shibboleth, while
> reading PTC article their

No idea what "Windchill SSO" is, or what "PTC article" you're
referring to.

> they mentioned to "restart the shibboleth 2 Daemon service in the
> server manager".

That means on MS-Windows you would restart the Shibboleth service via
the methods offered by MS-Windows to restart services.

> Also in the shibboleth help they mentioned to restart the Shibboleth
> daemon: /etc/init.d/shibd restart

That means on Unix-like operating systems (such as GNU/Linux) you
would use something like the command above to restart the Shibboleth
services.

Again, generally you would use the "service manager" appropriate for
the platform/OS you're using to restart services.

> I could not able to find anything in /etc/shibboleth folder.

What OS are you on?
Did you install the Shibboleth SP software (or something else)?
How exactly did you do that, following what documentation?

For Consortium Member technical support, see
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/coFAAg

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration

Peter Schober
* O'Quinn, Dennis <[hidden email]> [2018-06-12 11:36]:
> systemctl stop shibd
> systemctl start shibd
> systemctl restart shibd
>
> Or old style:
> service shibd stop/start/restart

Yeah, but the OP says /etc/shibboleth is empty.
So either the software isn't even installed.
Or it's been build from source and all bets are off about service
integration and start/stop scripts.
Or it's a completely unsupported platform.

Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration

Srinivasan Hollakkal
Hi Peter,

Please find the below comments.

What distribution, what version.
-> shibboleth 2.6.1. Installed with linux root user. Not sure about distribution.

Have you installed the Shibboleth SP software and how.

-> Shibboleth software was installed by LINUX ROOT user.

Hope I answered your questions

From:        Peter Schober <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        12-06-2018 15:04
Sent by:        "users" <[hidden email]>

From:        "O'Quinn, Dennis" <[hidden email]>
To:        Shib Users <[hidden email]>
Date:        12-06-2018 15:07
Subject:        Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration
Sent by:        "users" <[hidden email]>

srinivasan.hollakkal@...
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                      Business Solutions
                      Consulting

From:
Peter Schober <peter.schober@...>
To:
users@...
Date:
12-06-2018 14:51
Re: Fw: Reg : Shibboleth configuration
Sent by:
"users" <[hidden email]>

* Srinivasan Hollakkal <
srinivasan.hollakkal@...> [2018-06-12 11:10]:

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.shibboleth.net_confluence_x_coFAAg&d=DwICAg&c=MtgQEAMQGqekjTjiAhkudQ&r=mn6DeBt1nj8Oqx06pdIK0_n5EfK6FeVHgdjBNpchyro&m=Tba8u1G264FxGCKxpv_I7oI7tFb7erZUO31hDlCblrw&s=8Wlgq6dkpIQ8GgJGRTagoyg1Ehhkk0HKPDN_KcZ7s6c&e=

[...]

* Srinivasan Hollakkal <[hidden email]> [2018-06-12 11:44]:
> Thank You .. Dennis

Does that mean your problem is now solved?