Extracting/Mapping the Attribute

Craig
In this example from the wiki:

<Attribute name="https://example.org/myAttributes/FavoriteFruit" id="favFruit"/>

How do you figure out the correct Attribute name to use in the attribute-map.xml file?

Below is a real configuration entry from my attribute-map.xml besides the "name" and "id", my question is how do I get the name portion of this entry? Is it in the clients Metadata? especially how to find it from client running ADFS v2 environment?

<Attribute nameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:unspecified" name="XXXX" id="test_id"/>

The current way I find the correct "name" was to have the client test and I would find the attribute name from the logs. Usually I had the wrong name and would get the "Skipping attribute map name...." or something like that.

So basically when I receive a new clients Metadata and I edit the attribute-map.xml and Shibboleth2.xml for the new account, how do I find the "name" without having to test and fail before I find the correct name.

Hope this makes sense.

<Attribute nameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:unspecified" name="XXXX" id="test_id"/>