Quantcast

Error Validating SAML Message - This request requires HTTP

Error Validating SAML Message - This request requires HTTP

Eugene Dvorkin

I am trying to integrate SAML2 filter and Shibboleth and get stuck with following problem:

This request requires HTTP authentication

This is what happening:

My SP initialized a session by redirecting user to IDP. IDP has Basic HTTP authentication configured. I type username/password into IDP

popup windows and get redirected back to SP entry point. In my case /SAML/SSO. HTTPS enabled on Idp site, but not on SP.

Here the filters intercept the request ant trying to authorize users. But problem happens with SAML message.

This request requires HTTP

What could be wrong here? What attribute of the SAML message I should look into? Should I have entry point in SP also support Https?

Thanks

HTTP Status 401 - Authentication Failed:Error validating SAML message; nested exception is org.opensaml.common.SAMLException: Error validating SAML response

type Status report

message Authentication Failed:Error validating SAML message; nested exception is org.opensaml.common.SAMLException: Error validating SAML response

description This request requires HTTP authentication (Authentication Failed:Error validating SAML message; nested exception is org.opensaml.common.SAMLException: Error validating SAML response).

Re: Error Validating SAML Message - This request requires HTTP

lajoie
Administrator
If that error message is from the SAML 2 filter then you need to ask
whoever wrote the code.  It's not a Shib question.

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz