Error Encoding and Decoding SAML under load.

Error Encoding and Decoding SAML under load.

pvenugopal
Hi,
  We are experiencing encoding and decoding issues with SAMLRequest and Response during load testing. Our failure rate is between 3-5%.
Its certainly happening within IDP because the failed requests contains proper SAMLRequest when we manually deflate them.

We are using Shibboleth IDP 3.2.1 , Tomcat 8 and JRE 1.8_0_104

Any suggestions to where to look for would be greatly appreciated.

2016-08-31 16:50:52,653 - ERROR [org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.EncodeMessage:159] - Profile Action EncodeMessage: Unable to encode outbound response
org.opensaml.messaging.encoder.MessageEncodingException: Error creating output document
        at org.opensaml.saml.saml2.binding.encoding.impl.HTTPPostEncoder.postEncode(HTTPPostEncoder.java:176)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

2016-08-31 16:51:12,388 - ERROR [org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.DecodeMessage:73] - Profile Action DecodeMessage: Unable to decode incoming request
org.opensaml.messaging.decoder.MessageDecodingException: Error unmarshalling message from input stream
        at org.opensaml.messaging.decoder.servlet.BaseHttpServletRequestXMLMessageDecoder.unmarshallMessage(BaseHttpServletRequestXMLMessageDecoder.java:152)
Caused by: net.shibboleth.utilities.java.support.xml.XMLParserException: Unable to read data from input stream
        at net.shibboleth.utilities.java.support.xml.BasicParserPool.parse(BasicParserPool.java:250)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid code lengths set
        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)