We discusses this on Friday; it's all part of IDP-1314, but I'd like a slightly wider audience than just the comments section of
I have a desire, provoked (as was IDP-1314) from a Support case asking for a MetadataFilter on the RegExp of the EntityID, to
provide documentation for all the Functions and Predicates that are declared system\conf\utilities.xml.
As I started on this yesterday I (re) discovered the ActivationConditions page, this is an awesome cookbook for on particular
flavour of what I want to get documented (Specifically Predicate<ProfileRequestContext>).
I rather badly do not want to disturb that page too much (it should be a bookmark for anyone doing complex deployments). So my plan
(which I want to test with this audience) is to:
- Collapse ExternalAttributePluginActivationConditions  into ActivationConditions (partially completed yesterday)
- Build a page under SpringConfiguration  documenting Functions and Predicates (probably move the words in preface to
ActivationConditions) making sure it is understood that this is the list of potential ingredients and, not the cook-book
- Under this, detail (probably in a table, but maybe a page per bean) each Predicate/Function featuring
- Abstract Bean name (from utilities.xml)
- Signature (Function/Predicate and input/output types)
- Reference to the JavaDoc
- An example
- I also would like list the Constructor names, Factory names, property names. This does duplicate the Javadoc but does keep
This leave ActivationsConditions as a crib sheet for them and we have single goto list for all Functions and Predicates. Obviously
each page would reference the other
Obviously the details plan will change as I actually do the writing, but I wanted to garner input before I start..