Custom persistence using existing storage service?

Custom persistence using existing storage service?

O'Dowd, Josh

Our IdP implements memcached storage.  I need a persistence mechanism for storing a "trusted device ID" (or a collection of them) for a given principal name.  In browsing the "Persistence" page of the IdP Developer wiki, it would appear that it is permissible for me to leverage the existing memcached storage service, by creating a unique context namespace and then key on the principal name.  Just checking in to see if I can proceed with that, or should I be going a different route?

Thanks for any advice.

Josh O’Dowd

Software Systems Engineer / Identity Access Management

University of Montana

Re: Custom persistence using existing storage service?

Cantor, Scott E.
On 6/21/18, 4:28 PM, "dev on behalf of O'Dowd, Josh" <[hidden email] on behalf of Josh.O'[hidden email]> wrote:

> Our IdP implements memcached storage.  I need a persistence mechanism for storing a "trusted device ID" (or a
> collection of them) for a given principal name.  In browsing the "Persistence" page of the IdP Developer wiki, it would
> appear that it is permissible for me to leverage the existing memcached storage service, by creating a unique context
> namespace and then key on the principal name.  Just checking in to see if I can proceed with that, or should I be going a
> different route?

It's certainly permissible, the storage API is part of the public interface, just use a context like a Java package name and you won't have any risk of breakage.