ArcGIS (was Re: nameid-format:unspecified for relying party)

ArcGIS (was Re: nameid-format:unspecified for relying party)

Cantor, Scott E.
> I tried enabling 'Encrypt Assertions' -- the metadata their config then
> generates includes an encryption certificate (that's the only difference
> I see with the box checked vs. not).

I'll note that along with your current observation of its viability in the document.

> I've had to disable encryption for now while awaiting an answer from the
> vendor (to the question: why does their document show that you can
> enable assertion encryption, then farther down tell you to explicitly
> disable it?).

That part is just of a piece with the rest, it's not real documentation, it's just "what somebody who happened to hack up a working integration told them worked". It's more of an uneducated and poorly designed "How To" that doesn't tell me anything about what they support or require. I don't need vendors to document Shibboleth (badly), I need them to just document their own bloody systems.

If you get any farther with them, please update here or just update the update I made to the page with whatever you find out.