Apache Module Default Parameters

César Bernardini

Hi,

I was going through the mod_shib.cpp code and I am wandering how the default parameters of the apache module are being received.

From what I can see in the code, parameters such as szApplicationId or szSessionWith are inherited from Apache Configuration. However, I cannot find these values in my apache configuration and I don't know what are the default values.

Just to summarize:

  • Where can I find the default parameters of szApplicationId/szSessionWith that are used in the mod_shib

Thanks in advance,

Barracuda Networks AG
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/ Chairman of the supervisory board: Dr. Klaus Perktold
Vorstand/ Executive Board: Dr. Wieland Alge, Mag. Guenter Klausner
Sitz der Gesellschaft/ Registered office: 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Handelsgericht Innsbruck Firmenbuch/ Registration Number: 184392s
UID-Nr/ VAT Number: ATU47509003

Zweigniederlassung Deutschland/ Office Germany: Radlkoferstr. 2, 81373 München
Handelsregister München / Registration Number: HRB 171749
UID-Nr/ VAT Number: DE237607533

Learn how to protect users, data, and applications with security engineered for the public cloud by Barracuda. http://barracuda.com

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachments to it contain confidential and proprietary material of Barracuda, its affiliates or agents, and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.

  ­­

Re: Apache Module Default Parameters

Cantor, Scott E.
On 2/7/18, 10:52 AM, "dev on behalf of César Bernardini" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

> I was going through the mod_shib.cpp code and I am wandering how the default parameters of the apache module are
> being received.

That's not a simple question and without a deep knowledge of the code nothing I said would mean a whole lot, but the answer is that there's a superimposed implementation of the SP's RequestMapper plugin interface that gets injected that chains the SP config back down into Apache config so that Apache settings override the XML supplied settings.

> From what I can see in the code, parameters such as szApplicationId or szSessionWith are inherited from Apache
> Configuration. However, I cannot find these values in my apache configuration and I don't know what are the default
> values.

The default values should be documented in the wiki. Those two specifically are "default" and nothing, respectively. The "default" string is a hardwired name for the application defined by the ApplicationDefaults element in the SP configuration and can't be changed. It's just a fallback to guarantee there's always an ID with nobody having to set one.

>* Where can I find the default parameters of szApplicationId/szSessionWith that are used in the mod_shib

If you're asking what the default value of those specific C variables is, they don't have one, they're null.