All web service requires Shibboleth SP ?

All web service requires Shibboleth SP ?

Seiichirou Hiraoka
Hello,

I want to SSO some web service with Shibboleth.
Some web service run on indivisual host, like HOST-A, HOST-B, HOST-C.
And I have Shibboleth IdP on HOST-D.

In this situation, I have a question.

Do I need to install Shibboleth SP to HOST-A, HOST-B, HOST-C
and need to run shibd ?

  HOST-D: Shibboleth IdP
  HOST-[A-C]: Shibboleth SP (with running shibd)

I want to know whether Shibboleth SP of each HOST-[A-C]
should be run.

Regards,

- flathill

Re: All web service requires Shibboleth SP ?

Peter Schober
* Seiichirou Hiraoka <[hidden email]> [2009-06-16 11:20]:

Yes,

Re: All web service requires Shibboleth SP ?

Seiichirou Hiraoka
Hello peter,
Thanks for your reply.

Can I separate web service and Shibboleth SP to
other host ? Such as...

 +--------------+
 |Shibboleth IdP|  +-----------+
 |Shibboleth SP |  |Web Service|
 +--------------+  +-----------+
      HOST-D         HOST-[A-C]

When I access Web Service on HOST-[A-C], Web Service
access Shibboleth SP on HOST-D via tcp port.
I want to gather Shibboleth IdP and SP up.
Can I ? or is there any problem?

Regards!

- flathill

From: Peter Schober <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Shib-Users] All web service requires Shibboleth SP ?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:23:06 +0200

> * Seiichirou Hiraoka <[hidden email]> [2009-06-16 11:20]:
> > I want to know whether Shibboleth SP of each HOST-[A-C]
> > should be run.
>
> Yes,
> -peter

RE: All web service requires Shibboleth SP ?

Cantor, Scott E.
Seiichirou Hiraoka wrote on 2009-06-16:
> Can I separate web service and Shibboleth SP to
> other host ? Such as...

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPOneMany

What you're trying to do is physically impossible.

-- Scott