Adding/modifying context check without restarting?

Adding/modifying context check without restarting?

Ian Bobbitt-2
Following the documentation for adding multiple context checks in 3.3 and below[1], I was able to add the simple check
that I need to my test environment. Is it possible to add or change these without restarting? They don't seem to be
picked up automatically, and I haven't been able to work out the right bits to add to services.xml/services.properties
to make them a reloadable service.

[1]
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/ContextCheckInterceptConfiguration#ContextCheckInterceptConfiguration-MultipleCheckers

--
Ian

RE: Adding/modifying context check without restarting?

Cantor, Scott E.
> Following the documentation for adding multiple context checks in 3.3 and
> below[1], I was able to add the simple check that I need to my test
> environment. Is it possible to add or change these without restarting?

No. I'd like to do something in that direction for V4 but it's very difficult when a lot of it is ultimately driven by WebFlow, and it's inherently not able to handle it. All that reloadability is us, not Spring, we had to code a lot of things to make that work.

 I did do some really weird work on the idea of a custom Spring trick that could make an individual bean reloadable (e.g., a map or list bean in a configuration file). It "worked" but it didn't exactly work in a way that I was ultimately confident enough in to document yet. I haven't actually tried doing it myself in a real system. Internally the word "ugly" didn't suffice for what I did.