Adding google analytics to IdP login flow.

Adding google analytics to IdP login flow.

Lipscomb, Gary
Hi list,

I've had this request from our web team to add Google Analytics to the SSO login flow. We have analytics on the login page itself but they want to include it between submitting the login form and arriving at the SP.

Page load 1 is Future students page. From there, I click a link to the student portal, it takes me to the login screen ( Page load 2), which is the dynamic URL, and this tracks fine.
Once I enter my login credentials and submit, there is a 3rd page load of a redirect page that is not tracking hits. This URL does not appear to be dynamic. I suspect this drop off is causing an error in our analytics.
From there, I am redirecting to the Student Portal (Page load 4) and this tracks OK.
Is there any way of adding the Google Analytics snippet to whatever page load #3 is?

There is a page here, its automated via javascript (standard web form). If you turn off javascript, you will see a message like “it looks like you don’t have javascript enabled” and a Continue button.

This is internal to the IDP, and I’m not really sure that you can customise it. Or really should.

Is it possible?
Should we?
If so, what would we modify?

Regards

Gary

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU.
Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.

Re: Adding google analytics to IdP login flow.

Klingenstein, Nate

Gary,

That page is where the SAML assertion itself is placed for the browser to transport it to the SP.  If you look at the page source, you'll see it.

You can modify that page if you'd like and it ought to work just fine with Google Analytics:

I'm curious which analytics you'll collect from that step, just for my own edification.

Take care,

Nate.

RE: Adding google analytics to IdP login flow.

Lipscomb, Gary

Thanks Nate.

When I find out I’ll post back.